Google
 

Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

Cat Riot


There must have been a cat riot last night, a riot that I slept through. When I awoke and made my way to my bathroom, I found it in shambles. The toilet paper had been removed from its holder and shredded. Fluffly white confetti was everywhere. The towels stacked neatly on shelves above the toilet tank were now on the floor, except for the hand towel in toilet bowl. I removed that and tossed it in the shower. I have a pair of baskets screwed to the wall; both contain odds and ends. The baskets were still in place, but their contents were on the floor. As I picked up the debris, I noticed several furry faces peering at me from the doorway.

"Did you cats do this?" I asked.

Two furry faces disappeared instantly. The others managed their best wide-eyed stares as if to say, "Not me, I'm innocent."

I muttered something as I picked up more toilet paper confetti, and all the cats vanished. So much for innocence.

After finishing in my bathroom, I headed for the kitchen. On my way I passed the other bathroom. This bathroom has a a built-in medicine cabinet. The cabinet door closes with a latch that must be turned before it will open. The cabinet was wide open. The sink was full of the contents of the cabinet: lipstick, toothbrushes, eyeliner, and powder puffs. On the floor were a couple of brushes and a medicine bottle containing my mother's partial plate. Again, I picked up the remains of the riot. This time not a cat appeared.

At last, I made it into the kitchen. Now, a different set of cats inhabit the kitchen, utility room, living room, and dining room. The two groups are separated by always closed doors. The doors were closed. I was sure that the kitchen, etc. area cats would not have staged a riot. I was correct. All they had done was open one cabinet and remove the salt, pepper, and other spices. Nothing was broken and nothing had been damaged.

I do not know what caused so much activity in both cat camps, but not one them will admit to anything. However, Shack has been know to open the kitchen cabinets. He is definitely a suspect. As to the bedrooom-bathroom cats, the primary suspects are the new arrivals, Rosefire and Greenmist. Questioning continues.

I did not take a picture of this morning's mess, but I did find one that looked all too familiar. Photo by gardenghelle.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?