Google
 

Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

Ferals in the House

Greenmist and Rosefire, two feral cats that are temporary residents, had been staying in one of my bathrooms. See Ferals in the Bathroom. Since last Thursday, they are loose in the rear portion of the house which consists of two bedrooms, two baths and a den. They have both become phantoms disappearing from view when I enter that part of the house.

Rosefire, a faded tortoiseshell, is the braver of the two. I actually see her several times a day. Not so with Greenmist, a gray cat with white feet, only in the morning when I am feeding canned food do I catch a glimpse of her. Usually, she pokes her head out of the unoccupied bedroom for a nanosecond, then vanishes. This morning, she must have been hungrier than usual because she actually stepped into the den with me for all of five seconds. Rosefire was eating, but keeping an eye on me. Neither cat really trusts me.

The good news: Greenmist and Rosefire are having no problems with the other cat residents of that part of the house including Irene who is not tolerant of other cats. Rosefire has made it into my bedroom at least once. I know because Irene, who sleeps on my bed, hissed at her and alerted me to her presence. As soon as she and I made eye contact, she bolted from the room.

My goal is to tame these two, so that I can find homes for them. Otherwise, they will return to the farm come spring. If I get some help with their upkeep, they can stay longer.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?