Google
 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Ferals Adjust



Greenmist and Rosefire, two feral females, just recently released from the bathroom to the house, are adjusting well. Greenmist, the least trusting, is gray with white feet. Rosefire is a faded calico. I was describing her as a tortoiseshell, but now that I have seen her better, I have noticed a white belly. Both still bolt from the room if I appear without warning, but Rosefire has found a den chair that she likes to sleep on.

Both ferals now eat with the other den cats while I am in the room. Rosefire always appears first, eager for breakfast. Greenmist darts in from the front bedroom, but she does eat with all the others. I have managed to pet Rosefire, but not Greenmist. I did have a long conversation with her, but she remains so suspicious.

What is clear is that Rosefire is dominant. Greenmist seeks her for comfort and watches her behavior, then follows suit. Perhaps, if I can convince Rosefire that people aren't so bad, Greenmist will relax too.

You may help support Rosefire and Greenmist by donating to the Karnak Street Kats.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?