Google
 

Saturday, January 26, 2008

 

Disappearing Cats


I am always amazed by the ability of cats to disappear, even if confined to the house. My cleaning lady came today, and most of the cats simply vanished. (I really can't afford her, but my arthritis is so bad that some tasks are simply impossible for me. Wellington understands that I cannot bend; he always gets up on something so that I can pet him.) My cleaning lady loves cats and enjoys my friendly ones. Even some of the friendly ones disappear when the vacuum cleaner starts. Not until she has been gone for at least an hour, do any of the vanished reappear.

Cleopatra was the only cat I have known that liked the vacuum. I have a cannister style, and Cleo loved to sleep on top of the running machine. She was quite willing to ride around the house on the vacuum and resented being shooed off when I wanted to carry the cannister. I have never had a cat that would let me vacuum their fur although I know there are cats that like to be vacuumed.

Today, when I went into my bedroom, I discovered one hiding place. I looked at the drapes where sunlight was shining and saw the outline of four little feet. Napoleon was on the window sill with his feet pressed against the drapes. I peeked underneath. He rolled over and looked at me, but would not leave his hiding place. With his feet down, he could not be detected. At least now, I know where one of my gang hides.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?